Gomer Junior School became an Academy on 1 April 2017 and the school are proud to be part of the GFM – Gosport and Fareham Multi-academy trust. Gomer Junior are the first primary phase school in Gosport to have become an Academy.
For detailed information relating to the Governing Body of GFM Education, including its Members, Trustees, local Governors, their Business & Pecuniary Interests, Attendance Registers and Board Meeting Minutes, then please
The Chair of the Governing Body of GFM Education, Mr Cris Beswick, can be contacted at the following address:-
Chair of the Governing Body
Bay House School & Sixth Form
Tel: 02392 505202
For a full list of GFM Financial Statements including Funding Agreements, Annual Accounts and other statutory information please visit https://gfmat.org/financial-statements/.
Our Academy Journey
When the Gomer whole Governing Body convened on 4 November 2016 they agreed unanimously to convert to an Academy within the GFM. The best interests of Gosport and Fareham learners were at the heart of this endeavour and the decision reached was based upon careful examination of what would offer them the best outcomes – both academically and socially.
- Rowner Junior received their Academy Order in April 2018 and opened as an Academy joining the GFM in the Autumn Term 2018
- Brune Park converted to an Academy within the GFM on May 1 2017
- Gomer Junior launched as an Academy within the GFM on 7 April and we appear in The News
- Gomer Junior School open for their first day as an Academy on Monday 3 April 2017
- The GFM became a legal entity on 1 April 2017
- Everything is in place for Gomer Junior to become an Academy on 1 April 2017. Following discussions with the Parent Partnership, there will be an Academy launch for the children on Friday 7 April to mark our change in status. Team Gomer have arranged a variety of activities which are meaningful and good fun.
- The Wave School report in The News was published on 23 March and can be read at http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/our-region/fareham/fareham-and-gosport-multi-campus-free-school-could-open-in-september-1-7880269#comments-area
- At the full governing body meeting on 13 February, the governors discussed the formation of a Local Governing Committee – once we become an Academy in the GFM.
- On Tuesday 7 February, Team Gomer attended a TUPE meeting, hosted by HCC.
- As of mid-January 2017 The Regional Schools Commissioner has confirmed the ‘Local Solution’ for the sponsorship of Brune Park School. The GFM (Gosport and Fareham Multi-Academy Trust) will initially consist of four schools: Bay House, Brune Park, Gomer Junior and LWS Academy. We continue to wait for a final decision on The Wave free-school application. The GFM aims to become a formal legal entity in March 2017. Gomer Junior is still set to become an Academy on April 1 2017.
- As of January 2017, the GFM website is currently under construction and can be located at http://gfmat.org/ We are aiming to have the website populated well ahead of the GFM opening on April 1.
- The December 2016 newsletter outlined that the governors will not be changing the school name when we convert. We will remain Gomer Junior School
- Information regarding the above was sent to stakeholders in this letter on Monday 7 November 2016:
Our consultation period ran from 1 September – 29 September 2016. The October newsletter shared some next steps information.
Please see the PowerPoint below, outlining why the Gomer Junior Governors are considered converting to an Academy within the Gosport and Fareham Multi-Academy Trust (GFM). The GFM aims to establish and sustain an educational continuum through a local group of Academies across Gosport and Fareham.
Please note, if the ppt does not open well on your screen, please download it using the link. Thank you.
Please see below, answers to the questions asked at the consultation meetings and/or communicated electronically.QA-from-stakeholder-consultations