School milk is now available to all children through our school milk provider – Cool Milk. Every child can choose to have milk at Gomer Junior at a cost of just 22p a day. Want it for your child? Please just enquire at the office.
Your Child May be Entitled to Free Milk at School
Children under 5 receive milk free of charge, paid for by the UK government. If you receive state benefits (see list below), your child may be entitled to free school milk, paid for by the school. If you think you are eligible, please inform the school office, and they will register your child to receive their free milk.
Your child may be able to get free school meals and free school milk if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If your child is over 5 but you don’t receive state benefits then milk is still available at a subsidised rate – just go to www.coolmilk.com to register and pay.
A portion of fresh, chilled milk at mid-morning break provides protein, calcium and other vital nutrients, important for your child’s growth and development. It’s also a great way to bridge the gap between breakfast and lunch, re-hydrating your child and helping them to concentrate in class.