We love our school and are proud of the children and their many achievements. Team Gomer are keen to introduce you to our junior school community within the GFM. On November 24 2020 we launched our ‘Open Day Video’.
The application process for September 2021 junior school places opened on Thursday 01 November 2020. Applications are due by Friday 15 January 2021. We are aware that choosing the right school for your child is an important one.
In addition to the ‘Open Day Welcome Video’, you may like to access our 360’ tour of the school in which you can spend time looking at our site. You can access the 360’ tour.
If you require additional information, you are very welcome to:
- Visit our website or FaceBook page
- Telephone us
- E mail us
If Gomer Junior school is right for your child, we look forward to receiving your application.
***Transition 2020 Archive – to be reviewed for Transition 2021***
We have really enjoyed welcoming Y3 to our school. To help your child with their transition we have:
- sent you a welcome letter and admission pack in late April 2020
- updated you by e mail on 7 June with our updated transition offer
- built a transition website. Click here
- prepared a welcome video. Click here
- prepared a 360 tour of the school. Click here
- prepared a Google Classroom for your child to participate in our transition week which started on 6 July
- hosted Google Meets
- shared a school assembly
- invited the children to online Sports Day
- invited every child to our online virtual summer camp
- provided a warm welcome at the start of term
We were of course sad not to have met the children in person ahead of the Autumn Term 2020. Transition was left until later in the term to better support children with the changes in unprecedented times. Our phased return (Google Classrooms operating too) will enable us to reintegrate your child into school life, address transition matters not possible on line and support social and emotional and academic needs. We will do everything we can to support every child with their transition to Gomer Junior. For some, this will be an exciting time. For others, this will be a time of nervousness. Whatever ‘change’ means for your child our established team will ensure that our continued offer is inclusive and will endeavour to meet need. We look forward to working in collaboration with our parents and carers and, the time when we can meet in person.