We enjoyed meeting with many parents/carers at our November 2019 Open Day. We recognise that any transition stage is a major event not only for a young person but also for the family members that support their child. It is therefore our aim to ensure that the transition journey is enjoyable, informative and exciting.
We have really enjoyed welcoming Y3 to our school. They children looked really smart on 4 September and were very brave starting their new school. To help your child with their transition we have:
- sent you a welcome letter and admission pack in late April 2020
- updated you by e mail on 7 June with our updated transition offer
- built a transition website. Click here
- prepared a welcome video. Click here
- prepared a 360 tour of the school. Click here
- prepared a Google Classroom for your child to participate in our transition week which started on 6 July
- hosted Google Meets
- shared a school assembly
- invited the children to online Sports Day
- invited every child to our online virtual summer camp
- provided a warm welcome at the start of term
We were of course sad not to have met the children in person ahead of the Autumn Term 2020. Transition was left until later in the term to better support children with the changes in unprecedented times. Our phased return (Google Classrooms operating too) will enable us to reintegrate your child into school life, address transition matters not possible on line and support social and emotional and academic needs. We will do everything we can to support every child with their transition to Gomer Junior. For some, this will be an exciting time. For others, this will be a time of nervousness. Whatever ‘change’ means for your child our established team will ensure that our continued offer is inclusive and will endeavour to meet need. We look forward to working in collaboration with our parents and carers and, the time when we can meet in person.