Year 6 have been challenged by Mr Shaw, in their STEM LEGO sessions, to use our SPIKE Prime kits to construct a model bunny which hops like a real one. It can even sit up and stomp its feet! Did you know rabbits stomp their feet to communicate? Unlike many animals, they don’t have vocal cords. You can play with the model as it is, but you can also tweak it and explore what makes the bunny hop. The children will be able to:
- Move the gear in the front paws up and down and see how that influences sitting properties and hopping movement.
- Try longer or shorter back legs. Find out what works best. Do longer legs make the bunny faster?
- Make the SPIKE Prime bunny can steer left and right with the regular pink steering block.
- Use it with the MINDSTORMS software and make a remote control version.
- Build a backpack for transporting easter eggs.
- Connect the head with the front arms so the bunny can look around or wiggle its ears.